Sunday, October 14, 2007

s t r e e t . a r t . i s . m a i n s t r e a m


A N D · A · N O T I C E D · P A R T · O F · C U L T U R E · That’s my conclussion. I heard a mother in her fourties with her son today. They discussed graffiti. She claimed that this paintings is not just paint on the wall but art. In the broad masses in ages under, say fourty, this street art form is accepted as a part of society.

I friended the Berlin street artist xoooox who makes stencil portraits with speech bubles with couds of X and O:s. There have been at least two new books published on the Stockholm street art scene lately. The Street Art has become high culture and put inside the fancy shops with the large glas displays.

Some days ago I found a Pearl Plate sign placed at Grimsta. A small but classy design. I asked on one of my favorite IRC-channels if anybody knows if there is a pearl plate widget around. No, you have to do it yourselfe they claimed.

The relatively old painting portraying a rising red round rocket with yellow flames at Thorildsplan subway wall is in need of a restoration. Are there any street art conservators out there on the streets?

No comments: