Wednesday, October 24, 2007

v i d e o . g a m e . r o c k

(Wed 24 Rocktober)
Current mood: awake
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

L A N · P A R T I E S · and gaming cafes/centres are rock'n'roll culture in the 2000 I will claim. In Stockhom we have Norhen Europes biggest video gaming centre, called Inferno Online. And in Jonkoping we have the bi yearly Lanparty/gamefestival Dreamhack with 5.000 attenders.

I · C H A T T E D · with the founder of the Gaming companies RedPlanet and GameShout. He is developing the video game community business right now in the USA, with game radio station, podcasts, news center, forum, irc-chat etc. etc. The head quarters is located in Florida.

I · M A I L E D · a research friend in Umeå Sweden. He will soon publish a doctoral thesis on Video Games as Culture. He has worked on his research for several years and now he is soon finished with his thesis. Visit Stefan at Umea University culture and media department and humlab

T H E R E · W I L L · B E · a gaming conference in 23 november on "The Competente Gamer" in Stockholm City. You are all wellcome to attend www.nordicgameprogram.org is the host.

I · J U S T · W A N T · to shout out like an old bumbpersticker: “VARNING FÖR LANBARN!” (warning for lankids) Could be the title for a book on Lan-life and culture. Or this ”stay sane - play games”

No comments: